4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/Criminal Investigation
Experience:  Over 20 years of Law Enforcement. Sworn expert witness in Criminal and Civil Law.
796442

when you receive a court paper stating to appear to court ...

when you receive a court paper stating to appear to court in that date and time to the arraignment room, what does that mean? do they place you under arrest?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  4ren6 replied 6 years ago.
What all does the paper state. Do you see the words subpoena or anything else on it. Do you see any codes that could be a charge or criminal code....?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
- 266/30/a
-267/1/b
-266/25/b
-266/30/a
-267/1/a
Expert:  4ren6 replied 6 years ago.
Were you arrested for any of these..........
Expert:  4ren6 replied 6 years ago.
It appears that this was for a shop lifting charge am I correct..............? Were you given a citation at the place this occured by police.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 6 years ago.
Did you steal from a person 65 years old or older..........what were you arrested for......can you tell me more info please...............?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes 65 and over, i was taking care of her, it's a long story but i did it because i needed the money to move my middle daughter from house because my son was going to kill her, always the police at home
Expert:  4ren6 replied 6 years ago.
I am not getting answers to my replies. A request to appear for an arraignment is for the person accused to stand before the courts and be read the formal charges and asked to enter a plea of guilty or not guilty. Most often you would have an attorney with you. You may be required to post bond or subject to being held without bond prior to any formal court proceedings to determine innocence...............Normally the arrest has already taken place. let me know if you need further assistance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arraignment

These are very serious charges and carry serious penalties.
4ren6, Forensics/Criminal Investigation
Experience: Over 20 years of Law Enforcement. Sworn expert witness in Criminal and Civil Law.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have no prior what so ever any offense in my life before, I know that is very serious and I am not proud af it, what penalties could be carried you think, please could you answer me
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry I forgot to mention that the money has been already returned to the lady
Expert:  4ren6 replied 6 years ago.
Please let me know if your needing further assistance.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: please last question answer me honestly , i read the liks that you sent me, with your 20 years experience, what do you think will happen to me?
Expert:  4ren6 replied 6 years ago.
If all funds have been repayed then I would expect some serious probation time...........at least a minimum of 10-15 years.............These are very serious charges..........and even my 20 years experience cannot give you an exact answer on the last question..........
Expert:  4ren6 replied 6 years ago.
just the one charge of theft of the elderly carries this..........

Section 25. (a) Whoever commits larceny by stealing from the person of a person sixty-five years or older shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than five years or in jail for not more than two and one-half years.