jamest, Private Investigator
Experience:  Investigator of criminal law cases, especially Florida law. Work with retailers, others, consultant

My husband has been charged with a Felony crime because he ...

Customer Question

My husband has been charged with a Felony crime because he threaten to kill my son, which is his stepson, my son asked him not to yell and curse me out, my husband has been a very abusive man for the past 16 years of my marriage, my son is 20 years old. My husband threaten to kill him with a shotgun which he chased my son around the block while neighbors looked on. Do you think that I can get out of this marriage because of this abusive behavior, my son lives out of the home now, and won't come and visit me because he doesnot want any trouble with his stepfather. I really don't know what to do, this incident has caused my marriage to be on the verge of breaking up, I mean I am seeking now for legal advice for a divorce, I love my husband and I also love my son, I really don't know what to do.....
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  jamest replied 8 years ago.
As you said, you do not know what to do. You can file for divorce, the only question remaining is that what you want to do, and only you can answer that. Legally it's a simple matter, the question is your desire. Physical abuse, verbal abuse, and threats of violence against family members without a doubt are legal grounds to obtain a divorce. I wish I could offer more help, but this is a personal matter, and in the end it comes down to what you want to do.