4ren6, Forensics/Criminal Investigation
Experience:  Over 20 years of Law Enforcement. Sworn expert witness in Criminal and Civil Law.

husbands death

PIf my husband aspirated on vomit and died at his girlfriends house is there any civil suit I can file? Why didnt she try to help him she said she heard his snoring loud around 11:30 and heard him gurgle but she didn't call the EMS until 2:45. She didn't try to turn him over to his side and let the vomit run out, call EMS add details
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
You would have to show that she committed gross negligence in this case. Meaning that she knew he had done this and failed to do anything at all. You say that she heard him is all. During sleep at night both may have been unaware. But the above would have to be shown. You would have to prove that she was fully aware and neglected immediate help. This would be a hard case to win. Burden of proof is on you.