Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs

I am an 18-year-old high school student and just received a ...

I am an 18-year-old high school student and just received a ticket for possession of drug paraphernalia. I am on informal probation on a misdemeanor charge (Alford plea not drug related) received right before I turned 18 (last Nov.) Will my probation be automatically revoked? Is this a felony?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

There would not be an AUTOMATIC terminatinon of probation; however, courts do not like it when they have given the gracious gift of probation in good faith and the person ignores the good will and breaks the law - so there is always the possibility of a termination and having to do the suspended sentence for that crime.

Generally, possession of drug paraphenalia is not a felony. However, I would need your state to be exact.

Best to you,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle