Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs

Is there any laws against pre op transgedered people using ...

Is there any laws against pre op transgedered people using public facilities of gender choice in new mexico?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

Dear ladycounty69

This is the only thing I can find that might cause a criminal charge if people were to make complaints about the use of public restrooms by a transgendered person and that such use was an interference of them being able to use public property because they were not comfortable with the use while a transgendered person was in there.

30-8-1. Public nuisance.

A public nuisance consists of knowingly creating, performing or maintaining anything affecting any number of citizens without lawful authority which is either:

A. injurious to public health, safety, morals or welfare; or

B. interferes with the exercise and enjoyment of public rights, including the right to use public property.

Whoever commits a public nuisance for which the act or penalty is not otherwise prescribed by law is guilty of a petty misdemeanor.

Best to you ,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle