Moe Manser
Moe Manser, Paralegal
Experience:  President of U.S. Legal Research Corp., over 15 years of assisting lawyers nationwide. Federal/State
8373170

A law firm takes a lawsuit against a doctor. They hold the ...

Customer Question

A law firm takes a lawsuit against a doctor. They hold the case for almost 2 years and then inform their client that they do not think there is a case. The case was never presented to the board for review. Is this a normal course of action? The statute of limitations is 2 years
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Moe Manser replied 8 years ago.
Dear yarg608

You have the right to request your file from the law firm. Once you receive your file go through it, and see what exactly they did during the past two years. If you believe that nothing was done, meaning no investigation, exchange of documented information or requests have been completed. Take your file to another lawyer for legal advice. There are also many legal firms or Legal research companies that specialize in reviewing files for accuracy by lawyers. If you feel that you have not been legally represented according to the code of ethics sworn in by lawyers, you have many options to proceed in.

If you need more assistance in this matter we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Moe

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks Moe.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you. We have requested the file from the law firm. I will proceed after I receive the file.