4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/Criminal Investigation
Experience:  Over 20 years of Law Enforcement. Sworn expert witness in Criminal and Civil Law.
796442

Is there a lesser charge to aggravated assault with a ...

Is there a lesser charge to aggravated assault with a vehicle on law enforcement officer with no serious bodily injuries?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
On a Law Enforcement Officer that is about as low as your going to get. Attempted murder is often the first choice to go with............be glad this is the charge. In reality they could charge you with reckless driving. But the above charge in all likelihood is going to be the least they will go.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: My 20 year old son has been charged with fleeing law enforcement officer & three counts of aggravated assault. No one was seriously injured. His intention was not to hurt anyone, he was trying to avoid a speeding ticket. He was dodging being boxed in, two cars was sideswiped trying to get out of being boxed in.
The third car was side swiped due to patrolman throwing on breaks in front of him, he went around & sideawiped it and patrolman ran off in an embankment
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
I understand. But the situation is a serious one and he was very close to lethal force being used...........again, they could have charged him with attempted murder. And again, the lesser charge of reckless driving would be the charge that you asked about..........Once he hit the other officers car they could have used lethal force within a matter of time. If they only charged him with aggravated then he got a lesser charge............as he could have been charged with the above.........I hope this better helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.