Moe Manser
Moe Manser, Paralegal
Experience:  President of U.S. Legal Research Corp., over 15 years of assisting lawyers nationwide. Federal/State

I hired an attorney to represent my grandson who is of ...

I hired an attorney to represent my grandson who is of legal age. Its a murder case. By law what can the attorney tell me about the case?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Moe Manser replied 8 years ago.
DearCustomerbr />
The Attorney/Client Privilege is a law that protects communications between attorneys and their clients and keeps them confidential. This privilege encourages openness and honesty between attorneys and their clients because attorneys cannot reveal (and indeed cannot be forced to reveal) attorney/client communications. This privilege becomes especially important in the litigation context because privileged communications, whether written or oral, are not disclosed to another party. In your case if your grandson has no objections, that his lawyer release information about the case to you, he can request his lawyer to do so.

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks Moe.