Moe Manser
Moe Manser, Paralegal
Experience:  President of U.S. Legal Research Corp., over 15 years of assisting lawyers nationwide. Federal/State

arizona, i was charged w/ misd. poss. of marijuana

arizona, i was charged w/ misd. poss. of marijuana & poss. of paraphenalia. when in court judge said charges were invalid & to return for status hearing. he noted ''''if I feel my rights have been prejudiced, you can bring that up at that time.'''' what does this mean and how can I use this to benefit my case? because the person i was w/ had to appear before me (i requested time to seek legal advice) i know the charges have been corrected/fixed.please help-mellow in az
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Moe Manser replied 8 years ago.
DearCustomerbr />
Obviously, the judge feels something is not right in this case, and he's giving you the option to bring it up in the status hearing on the record. I would recommend that your lawyer go over the evidence and double check on the basis for the search warrant if one exist, or the probable cause which gave the police to search you. If there's a violation there you have a chance for dismissal.

Good Luck!!

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks Moe.