Experience:  Information provided is for entertainment puposes only and is NOT legal advice.

how to obtain my previous US citizen rights before

Customer Question

In 1994 I belive is the correct year I was convicted as a felon and my US citizen rights were taken, I did the fine in one lump sum and probabtion was then given as non reporting after 2 visists. How can I get my right back?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  NOT LEGAL ADVICE! replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

You may be eligible to have your records expunged. If so, an expungement would allow you to have many of your rights restored. Click here for steps in the procedure. If expungement is not a possiblity, the only other option would be to petition the Governor to have your records sealed.

Let me know if you would like more information.

Please remember to click "ACCEPT."
This is the ONLY way I am paid for my efforts.
POSITIVE FEEDBACK is appreciated and reciprocated.

All of my BONUS earnings will be DONATED to:

The Breast Cancer Alliance United to Support and Educate (BCAUSE) and PAWS; a non-profit organization which provides essential services to assist the low-income elderly, chronically ill and disabled in keeping their companion animals.

Thank you for your support of these CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS!

Disclaimer: Any information given by me is for informational use only and is not legal advice. This is general information and is not intended to be specifically tailored to an individual. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek legal counsel in their jurisdiction for accurate guidance regarding their individual circumstances.