Moe Manser
Moe Manser, Paralegal
Experience:  President of U.S. Legal Research Corp., over 15 years of assisting lawyers nationwide. Federal/State
8373170

when can a cop strike someone in the head with his baton

No Comment Added
DearCustomer

Never, The police can only use force, to apprehend a suspect when they feel their lives or the lives of others around them are in danger. If no such situation exists, they can not use excessive force. Striking someone on the head with a baton, is excessive force and they can be punished for it. No where is a police officer trained to strike someone on the head with a baton, and if an officer commits this act, he has acted outside of the manual police guidelines.

Regards,
Moe

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks Moe