NOT LEGAL ADVICE!
NOT LEGAL ADVICE!, FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY
Experience:  Information provided is for entertainment puposes only and is NOT legal advice.
3076777

my 18 year old was caught with 7 grams of marijuana and has ...

Customer Question

my 18 year old was caught with 7 grams of marijuana and has to go to court. what can he expect? thank you
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  NOT LEGAL ADVICE! replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

Possession of marijuana in any amount is punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000, unless the possession occurred in a public or private park, which increases the penalty to a possible 2 years in prison. Conditional discharge is available in all use and possession cases. The state allows conditional release or alternative or diversion sentencing for people facing their first prosecutions. Usually, conditional release lets a person opt for probation rather than trial. After successfully completing probation, the individual's criminal record does not reflect the charge. Your son or daughter is advised to seek the counsel of a local attorney to ensure that their best interests are protected.

Let me know if you would like more information.

Please remember to click "ACCEPT."
This is the ONLY way I am paid for my efforts.
POSITIVE FEEDBACK is appreciated and reciprocated.

All of my BONUS earnings will be DONATED to:

The Breast Cancer Alliance United to Support and Educate (BCAUSE), the Susan G. Komen Foundation for Breast Cancer Research and PAWS; a non-profit organization which provides essential services to assist the low-income elderly, chronically ill and disabled in keeping their companion animals.

Thank you for your support of these CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS!

Disclaimer: Any information given by me is for informational use only and is not legal advice. This is general information and is not intended to be specifically tailored to an individual. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek legal counsel in their jurisdiction for accurate guidance regarding their individual circumstances.

Experience: Information provided is for entertainment puposes only and is NOT legal advice.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.