Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
3273316

I the landloard of comercial property signed a lease with ...

Customer Question

I the landloard of comercial property signed a lease with buisness women who used maiden name and not full LLC buisness name. Next day lawyer found out she married and legal name of buisness. She frauded names so my backround check came out fine. Married name show being sued lots forclose on house and repo car. I told her I break lease next day. I feel I do have that right. Her lawyer sent letter to sand by lease or they will sue
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

This is a most-unfortunate situation - while you can certainly void the lease you will still need to go to court - because she, obviously, is not going to go away quietly. In my opinion, you do have a case because she did not use her legal name - and that is what you will need to prove. You will need to gather all the information, data you have from the background check, etc. Now, if she has her Driver's License in her maiden name and has gotten the use of her maiden name back via the courts then you might hae no recourse - as then she did indeed use her legal name.

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle