Moe Manser
Moe Manser, Paralegal
Experience:  President of U.S. Legal Research Corp., over 15 years of assisting lawyers nationwide. Federal/State

Starting about 2 years ago I had acquired 2 speeding ...

Starting about 2 years ago I had acquired 2 speeding tickets in the state of Massachusetts. The first one I never went to court for so when I got pulled over for the second one it was for a warrant for my arrest and a speeding ticket. I got pulled over again on a Friday night and was taken in to custody for he 2 warrants and 2 tickets. Being the fact that it was a Friday night I did the weekend in jail and went to court on Monday. At court I was issued a $200 fine and cleared my record. Recently I had gone out to eat with my girlfriend in Mass and got pulled over. The officer gave me a citation for an automatic court appearance for driving with a suspended license. I had not realized I had to get my license reinstated in the state. I have court on Tuesday and I was wondering what is going to happen or if you could tell me what is most likely going to happen.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Moe Manser replied 6 years ago.
DearCustomer

When you go to court on Tuesday, you will be given the option to speak with the prosecutor before your case is called before the judge. Most likely the prosecutor will give you an option, pay the fine and he/she will recommend that your license not be suspended. You will still have to clear it out with the DMV, meaning, you will have to go to the DMV and pay a restoration fee. Bring copies of the fines you paid to the court, this will give you more credibility. Make it clear to the prosecutor that your willing to settle this case today, a guilty plea ( IF YOU ARE GUILTY ) in exchange for no suspension. 9 times out of10, Prosecutors and the court will agree to this type of plea. The courts in traffic violations normally accept the prosecutors recommendations and plea agreements.

Good Luck !!

Regards,
Moe

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . FEEDBACK is appreciated. Thanks Moe
Moe Manser, Paralegal
Experience: President of U.S. Legal Research Corp., over 15 years of assisting lawyers nationwide. Federal/State
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my license is already suspended in that state hence driving under suspension. will that still work out ok?
Dear XXXXXWhitebeck

It will at least save you additional suspension time for the second offense. It doesn't hurt to try. Prosecutors in municipal violation cases normally look to recover funds, their willing to do what ever it takes to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Moe
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
SO you believe I will have no jail time?
DearCustomerbr />
Due the fact that you were suspended for no restoring your license, judges don't usually hand down jail time for that. Usually it's fines.

Good Luck!!

Regards,
Moe