Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs

How many drug tests have to be given during a

My husband is on probation, and he has his final probation meeting coming up in just a few days. Last time, he just barely passed the drug test. They have only given him 2 so far. He does not do drugs, but we think someone either slipped something in his food, or either the test was rigged. What are the odds he will have to take the test again this final time, and is there a certain number of times they have to do a test?

A test can be conducted as "directed" - there is no set number of times it can be directed - he could be directed to test at the last meeting. I always suggest that after a test by a state agency or employer that the person then seek their own test - at a clinic - this cost money, of course, but it does give back up in case a test comes back positive. Also, no one will care how the positive came about (ie. Someone put something in food, drink, etc) they are only going to care that it came back as such.

Again, get information on a clinic that he can immediately go to after test with PO and have one done as a back up - this would be the only way to show that there is a discrepency.

Best of success to you and him in the future,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX appreciate that. You have been very helpful. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. We suspect that we know which restaurant the food came from from, and we might try to prove that and file a lawsuit against the company. Anyway, thank you for your help.