Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs

what happens whatcan i do against them

i went to store and i had a watch i wanted to buy i lefted at the fitting room when i was outside the store two persons fallow mw and iasked me where was the watch? i told them it was at the fitting room where i tried my clothes on ! they said thanks and left.

Dear XXXXXd10

Were you charged with a crime?

Thanks ~ Michelle

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no i was not charged they stop me outside the store and asked me what i had done with the gold watch , i said that i had left the watch where i tried my clothes on, they said thanks and when back in to the store. what im asking myself is that if some one else went to the fittinng while they were following me and saw the opportunity and took the watch that i left there. what is going to happen to me can they still charged me for it. and if they can can i take action against them what are my possibilities.

Dear XXXXXd10

The 'burdern of proof" would be on them to show that you had taken the watch and did not leave it in the dressing room. And, if someone did come in and take it that is not in your control. And that's your defense. You left the watch in the dressing room.

Did they take your name?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Michelle's Post: no they did not take my name.or my information they just left after they question me about the watch.

Dear LINDd10

Then I am missing something - for how are they going to charge you with anything if they do not know who you are? At any rate, the burden of proof would be on them to show you never paid for the watch and that it is in or was in your possession when you left the store.

Perhaps, you should try to put this behind you until something becomes it.