Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs

Is it ok for an assistant DA to use state time and ...

Is it ok for an assistant DA to use state time and money to view my driving record for no reason other than curiosity? I live in Colorado and driving records are public information but I think there is a fee to obtain the record.

No government/state employee has the right to use government time, money or equiptment for personal gain or matters.

If you have proof that this was done in the matter you state, I suggest that you take the matter directly to the DA and/or this person's supervisor.

Best to you in this matter,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle