Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs

i would like info about expungement assitance services is ...

Customer Question

i would like info about expungement assitance services is this a service that can help felons? can felonies be removed my son has 3 been clean for 10 years 35 years old can''t get a job .
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

These services can only help if the state allows felony expungements. Sometimes, it also takes a Pardon which is done on the executive level. Many times, this is something that can be applied on your own.

Please give me your state and I can give you more information.

Thank you ~ Michelle

Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience: 30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
he live in ohio county cuyahoga,all felonies were druge related i call it the lost generation selling drugs and then useing them monkeys cant sell banana's.they will eat then, he been clean for 10 years 2 sons and wants his life to be better. it breaks my heart to see him struggle to make a living and ohio is hard on felons the jobs he can do his felonies prevent him form getting what can i do??? to help him and the other strike, he has he is african american and yes it makes a difference. i hate to say that but it does. please help me tell me what to do
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

I am sure this is very painful for you. Here are the guidelines for expungement in Ohio

If it was a first offense - (where all convictions connected or separate years)

If he was given a probation in lieu of jail time OR

If he was a juvenile

You can read more on Ohio Expungements HERE ( 2953.32)

If he does not qualify for the direct expungement then he can apply for the pardon via the Governor's office. There are no guarantees he would get the pardon and there are no guarantees that if he gets the pardon he would get the expungement.

However, these are his only options. I know you wanted to knw about the expungement assistant services - and I just wanted to give you the information on the law so that if you contact one of these services they don't try to take you for a ride. Knowledge, as they say, is power.

I wish it were better news for you and your family. You would think that after 10 years of being clean and productive that would be recognized by the courts and that each case would be evaluated on the progress and merits. You also can contact your local STATE elected officials and discuss this matter to see if there is someone who would consider new legislation which would change Ohio expungement laws so that each is viewed and considered on their own merits.

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle