Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
3273316

If a person is charged with and convicted of 3

Customer Question

If a person is charged with and convicted of 3 counts of conspiracy and possesion of cocaine 50 grams w/intent to sell plus in possesion of a firearm of a convicted felon. What kind of time could this person expect to serve? The state is virginia.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

The CDS charge is imprisonment not less than five nor more than 40 years and fined not more than $500,000 - with a mandatory 3 years. Upon a second or subsequent conviction of such a violation, any such person may, in the discretion of the court or jury imposing the sentence, be sentenced to imprisonment for life or for any period not less than five years and be fined not more than $500,000. SOURCE

Any person who violates this section by knowingly and intentionally possessing or transporting any firearm and who was previously convicted of any other felony within the prior 10 years shall be sentenced to a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment of two years. The mandatory minimum terms of imprisonment prescribed for violations of this section shall be served consecutively with any other sentence. SOURCE

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what about the drug charge?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

I gave you the Drug - CDS charge - if you link into the Source you will see what it says about possession -