Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs

i take a schedule 4 drug. i found some of it missing and

I''m a disabled Vietnam vet and take 1mg of Clonazepan per day. It''s supplied by the VA and is a DEA schedule 4 drug. About 3 months ago, I found that about 50 .5mg pills were gone. I told my wife someone was in our house while we were gone. She was skeptical. I told the town police about the missing pills. On 1/8/08, while we were gone, someone came into our house, turned on, and used my computer. Its event log verified this. She now believes me. Are the police required to investigate and how do I know if they''re investigating me? Should I go to them and tell them about the computer incident?

Yes, you should report the break in to the police and have them check your computer log as part of their investigation - you can simply ask if you are being investigated for any wrong doing; however, I am unclear as to why you think they would think you took your own pills.

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
2/1/08: following Michelle's advice, i'm going to the kennebunkport police this morning and report the second incident involving the use of my computer. regardsCustomer