4ren6, Forensics/Criminal Investigation
Experience:  Over 20 years of Law Enforcement. Sworn expert witness in Criminal and Civil Law.

I have received several emails stating I have won 600,000 ...

I have received several emails stating I have won 600,000 dollars and now they want me to send 250.00 dollars in order to receive it. If I forward the letters to you would you please give me some advice? I do not know if this is a scam or the real thing. Your help and assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your assistance.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
It is a nigerian scam. Do not give them any personal banking info nor send them money. You never send money to get money. I assure you this is a scam. Please report it to

Please reply if you need further assistance or help on this. But I do not need to even look at the documents to know this is a scam.