jamest, Private Investigator
Experience:  Investigator of criminal law cases, especially Florida law. Work with retailers, others, consultant

What can be done about an employer that degrads

Customer Question

What can be done about an employer that degrads employies? such as calling employies dependent children.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  jamest replied 8 years ago.
Hi, what a terrible boss. I do not believe what you have stated gives rise to anything you could do. if it was very mean and constant, you may be able to claim a hostile work environment, but i think you would need more than what you have written so far, are there any other things more egregious that has happened?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
In the years I have worked there I have come to believe that this man runs others down in order to keep them from having the self confidance to ask for what they are worth.
Expert:  jamest replied 8 years ago.
You can try to file a complaint with the state department of labor, but to be honest I really don't think there is anything substantial that can be done about this. there is no crime of being a mean boss, nor does it rise to the level of a hostile work environment, I am sorry, in my honest opinion, I don't think there is a good case. I would say in most companies to talk to human resources, but if he is the owner, I don't think that would help. I don't know why so many good people would work for such a terrible person, but thats the economy. I wish I had better news. sorry.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So do I. At least this keeps me from jumping too quick. so I will push the accept your answer Sir. I shall seek other employment
Expert:  jamest replied 8 years ago.
I recommend seeking other employment a swell.