Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable in the subject matter.
1723468

I BEEN TOLD THAT CHARGES MAY FILE AGAINST ME UNDER SEXUAL ...

I BEEN TOLD THAT CHARGES MAY FILE AGAINST ME UNDER SEXUAL MISCONDUCT WITH A MINOR. THESE CHARGES WAS DROP IN THE CITY BUT REFILE IN THE COUNTY WHO IS NOW PRESUING IT. I DID NOT TOUCH INDIVIDUAL WHICH STATED I TOUCH HER LEG @ AGE 16 THEN AGAIN @ 17. THERE ARE NON VERBAL HEAR SAY STATEMENTS SHE SAID WHAT IS THIS CHARGE AND ITS LIMITATION
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
In Washington there are two degrees of sexual misconduct. Given that there was no sexual intercourse you are being charged with the second degree, which involves sexual contact. Sexual contact is defined in Washington as:

"Sexual contact" means any touching of the sexual or other intimate parts of a person done for the purpose of gratifying sexual desire of either party or a third party.

This is considered a gross misdemeanor which carries a penalty of 90 days to 1 year in jail and/or a fine upto $1,000.00

The limitations for a gross is two years after its commission.

9A.44.093Sexual misconduct with a minor in the first degree.
9A.44.096Sexual misconduct with a minor in the second degree.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Let me know if you need further help here. Thanks.