jamest
jamest, Private Investigator
Experience:  Investigator of criminal law cases, especially Florida law. Work with retailers, others, consultant
7502674

i asked a question on december 28th and i still have not ...

Customer Question

i asked a question on december 28th and i still have not received a response. can someone please at least try to answer my question. it is still posted on here. please.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  jamest replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.
I do not see your origional question on your profile, so I cant help you. If you restate it I will be happy to see if I can help. Thank you.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to jamest's Post: okay james, i gave a scenario. here it goes. a life insurance agent is being accused by the company of fraud. they have terminated his contract to write insurance for the particular company. they are claiming that he forged signatures and that the point of sale telephone interview was not completed by the clients, but by him or someone else he got to impersonate the client. my question is what is the liklihood of the insurance company pressing criminal charges against said agent, and what are the chances that the state will revoke his insurance license. these policies that we are talking about are whole life burial policies.
Expert:  jamest replied 6 years ago.
I could try to look into this but i would need to know the state first.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the state is georgia where the agent is licensed. the home office of the insurance company is in oklahoma city, oklahoma. the agent has written good business for the company for over 4 and a half years. the company is also seizing all future commissions and renewals that would pay back advances to the agent from sales. they are also saying that the agent is responsible to pay back the advance balance even if the customers payments would cover it. that seems illogical. that would be double the money.
Expert:  jamest replied 6 years ago.
It would depend on how much money the company is claiming the agent stole through fraudulent actions such as forgery. They really care about $, having him prosecuted would be mainly for an order of restitution, if of course he is guilty. He should compile all documents and references who could vouch for his innocence. If the company is claiming substantial losses, i would prepare for a legal defense. I would also prepare for a letter for the state insurance commission. If he committed the acts, it is an almost definite that they would suspend or revoke his license, if he is charged they may suspend it until the charges are deposed. I do believe he would have a right to a hearing on revocation where he could be heard, but if he is convicted, it would be a waste of time really. If he is not convicted and someone makes a complaint to the insurance commission, he of course has a much better shot, he must know people in the industry who could vouch for his integrity, having them write letters attesting as much would help, also his record of success, try to show lack of motive, that there was no reason for him to do this. Then there is at least a chance he may not have his license revoked. Thats the best advice I can offer, good luck.