Lawmoe, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  More than 19 years of experience as a Criminal Defense Lawyer

i hit a cop last aug.2006 and i was already on probation ...

Customer Question

i hit a cop last aug.2006 and i was already on probation and it dropped from a felony to a misdermeaner with time served to 2 violations and i had a joint on me and they dropped the hitting a cop and the joint down to 2 violations. This situation is happening in the Bronx but my probation is in Manhatten. what can i do to avoid going to jail?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 8 years ago.

You have prblems. First, you have the problem of current charges. the charges could result in jail time. The conditions of your prior probation also likely included being law abiding. Violating means any time stayed could be imposed. There is no magic bullet to avoid jail and it depends on the facts of the case, your Judge and what you have done in the interim.

Chances are, you could be sentenced to some jail time. You would be wise to: (a) take an anger management class; (b) go into outpatient treatment.

Please click ACCEPT below

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Lawmoe's Post: the judge in manhattan says she doesn't know what she wants to do because she needs to know the nature of the crime in the bronx. what does this mean? also the DA in manhattan asked why i didnt take the misdermeaner with time served and i told her because they are going to drop it down to 2 violations and she said "Well thats even better the judge shouldnt put you in jail" should i trust this?? Also is it true that in manhattan this cases hold up to 15 yrs.? This is what has me worried because i just got engaged and i dont want to leave her possiblly for 15 yrs. What do you think i should do?? PLEASE HELP!