J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer
Experience:  23 years as a trial lawyer with experience in criminal law.

Is it legal in the state of Indiana for a landlord to grant ...

Is it legal in the state of Indiana for a landlord to grant permission to law enforcement to use a drug sniffing dog in the hallways (common areas) of several apartment houses he owns to determine if someone is using drugs???
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  J D Haas replied 8 years ago.
Yes it is. The landlord has access to the common areas and hallways as a public place. There is no expectation of privacy in an apartment hallway.

I hope that I have helped you and that I have answered all of your questions. Please contact me if I have not answered all of your questions. If my answer is satisfactory please accept it. I really appreciate positive feedback.

In the future, you can specifically request that I work with you on your legal question. If you have specifically requested that I answer this question, thank you.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You and I have not entered into an attorney/client relationship. The only way that I am legally responsible for your legal rights is if you have signed a written retainer agreement with my law firm.