J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer
Experience:  23 years as a trial lawyer with experience in criminal law.

Having a problem with locating the answer to this For ...

Customer Question

Having a problem with locating the answer to this: For Montana Vehicle Registration Laws, is there anything that officially states a grace period after the tags have expired on the vehicle? If there is, where would i find it? Have already tried DMV.ORG, but that is an unofficial source.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  J D Haas replied 8 years ago.
Here is the grace period for commercial vehicles:

Here is the passenger vehicle rule:

The grace period is to the last day of the anniversary month.

I hope that I have helped you and that I have answered all of your questions. Please contact me if I have not answered all of your questions. If my answer is satisfactory please accept it. I really appreciate positive feedback.

In the future, you can specifically request that I work with you on your legal question. If you have specifically requested that I answer this question, thank you.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You and I have not entered into an attorney/client relationship. The only way that I am legally responsible for your legal rights is if you have signed a written retainer agreement with my law firm.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to J D Haas's Post: The two web site adresses you indicated are the same thing: both for heavy/commercial vehicles. There is nothing at the second website(same as first) to indicate an answer about passenger vehicles.
Expert:  J D Haas replied 8 years ago.
I apologize. I just repeated the first instead of the second. The second is for passenger cars and it says the grace period in MT is the last day of the anniversary month. Here is the correct site: