4ren6, Forensics/Criminal Investigation
Experience:  Over 20 years of Law Enforcement. Sworn expert witness in Criminal and Civil Law.

Hello, and thanks. I just received a speeding ticket in ...

Hello, and thanks. I just received a speeding ticket in the state of Tennessee. I was driving 75 in 55 zone. I am from North Carolina. Is it really worth the trouble to hire an attorney and try to get it knocked down? Thanks in advance.
What are the actual charges or citation. How will it effect your current license...........did you forget to pay it.............? How long has it been.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Looking at my ticket, the charges are as follows:

Violation A: Speeding 75mph in 55 Zone.

The fine isn't due until January 11th. Please let me know if you need any further information. Thanks.
Is this your first and only violation.............what is the fine.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: I can't remember the last time I have had a ticket. It's been over 4 years ago. The fine is $184.00
It is a 3 point fine. It does state that if you take a safety class the points will not be given. But the fine must be paid. I would suggest not fighting this and pay the fine and take the driving class to reduce the points.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: One last question. Do I need to take the class in the state of Tennessee or can I take it in my home state of North Carolina? Thanks.
It would have to be in TN. I suggest paying and taking the points at this point. No need to further accept.............but the final decsion on what to do is yours in regards XXXXX XXXXX class.