Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
3273316

Will they be caught

Two women duped me and stole $2300 dollars from me (they got my ATM card from my wallet and saw me use it so knew my PIN). I have to file a police report to get my money back. How likely is it that these women will be caught? I had met them that evening so I do not "know" them, remember their names or anything.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

This is a such a terrible situation for you

There is a good chance they can be caught if the investigation is thorough enough to detect where the money was taken from and an examination of the security camera - you would be able to identify them visually and they probably have done this before; therefore, there is a good chance they already have a criminal record and the police will be able to give you a "mugshot" profile book to review. If you want to get them, then stay on top of it - do not become overbearing, but I suggest that you file the report and then stay on top of the police so they investigate this matter until they have exhausted all leads.

Best of success to you in this matter,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience: 30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i care more about my account being restored.   i frankly do not want to deal with a whole investigation. especially since the police today made me feel that the women will counter-accuse me of god knows what? solicitation? today was my first time in a police station and it was scary.
the women had a car so the ATMs are not necessarily close to their domiciles, though it is definitely possible they have criminal records! you really think they will be caught?