rvlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Former Assistant District Attorney - NYC; Criminal Defense Experience for 30+ years

if you are charged with agravated battery because your ...

if you are charged with agravated battery because your girlfriend at the time who was 10 weeks pregned says you pushed her. There wore no witnesses and she actually broke into your home at 1am and jumped on you in your sleep. How do i fight this and if convicted realisticly what kind of sentensing. I have never been arrested and have no record. SHe had absolutely no marks or bruises on her. She simply wanted me in jail because i wouldnt marry her. She has been violent before.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

I really can't believe the DA took the case and arrested you...probably her being pregnant was the thing that persuaded them. It's a tough case for THEM. At best, it's a "he said/she said" case. Get a good lawyer who will subpoena records of her past violent acts and who can cross examine her gently but firmly without antagonizing the jury and having them hate him...then you by connection..then pity HER in the end. Maybe a female lawyer would be the best way to go. Strategy my friend.

Worst case scenario...if convicted...with no prior record...good shot at probation/community service.