rvlaw
rvlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Former Assistant District Attorney - NYC; Criminal Defense Experience for 30+ years
3071004

was charged for shoplifting in astoria,queens,PL1654000,is ...

was charged for shoplifting in astoria,queens,PL1654000,is my first offense with the law,i am a women,61 years old,american citizen ,the amount charged was $75.00,iam a disabled person,i have several illnes:lung disease,diabetes,high blood pressure,high colesterol and i am under psychiatry treatment for depression,my question is:what type of punishment can i expect , my e-mail address [email protected]
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

Given the situation, you or your lawyer should request an ACD an Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal. That means the charge is held in abeyance for 6 months. If, as is expected, you don't have any further problems with the law, the case is automatically dismissed with no criminal record for you. You don't even have to appear in court after the 6 months. If you are arrested again, however, the shoplifting charge is resurrected and you have to deal with it and any new charge(s).

XXXXX XXXXXcata