Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
3273316

INDIANA, WHEN A POLICE OFFICER COMES TO YOUR DOOR AND SAYS ...

Customer Question

INDIANA, WHEN A POLICE OFFICER COMES TO YOUR DOOR AND SAYS YOU MADE A 911 CALL AND YOU SAID YOU DIDN''T. THEN THEY ASKED TO SEARCH YOUR HOME. YOU ASKED WHERE IS YOUR WARRANT? YOU THEN TELL THEM YOU ARE GOING TO PUT YOUR LAP TOP IN THE HOUSE AND THEN THEY SAY "WHAT DID YOU SAY?" AS THEY ENTER YOUR CLOSED DOOR. THEY BEGIN TO SEARCH YOUR HOUSE FOR DEAD BODIES IS WHAT THEY SAY. BUT TICKET YOU FOR 3 ROACHS AND A BONG. THIS IS ILLEGAL ENTRY.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

These law enforcement officers were really pushing it - if you never gave permission for them to come in and then search your home - it is an illegal search. if they want to say that the "911" call was probable cause then they are going to need to produce the document/records from 911 showing that call did indeed come from your home - this can be done via a "discovery" process

So did they charge you, were you arrested, are you getting a citation? If you have a court hearing, I would suggest that you consult with a local attorney to have this "evidence" thrown out - you can contact the Indiana Bar Association for a referral and possibly someone who believes very strongly in the US Constitution and due process and might consider handling this matter pro bono.

Indiana State Bar Association
One Indiana Square
Suite 530
Indianapolis, IN 46204

Voice:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Toll Free:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Best of success to you,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle