Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs

i drive a big rig for a large co in louisville ky i was ...

i drive a big rig for a large co in louisville ky i was accused of hit and run of a pickup parked on side of road as u go out of a drop i told the officers i left appx the time they said a witness saw a driver from my co hit the truck i left to turn around and come back i hit no one let alone total a pickup they said they would put me down as a suspect becuse of 5 small blk paint chips on my wheel well match the pick up 3 other co drivers as well as other trucks left this place no charges were filed but the term suspect bothers me is this time to get a lawyer? there is no damage to my truck trailor will small scrapes here and ther trailor is very old
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

Dear khill

If the police call and ask you to come in for more questioning or if they come to home seeking the same I suggest that you tell them you do not want to participate without an attorney and that as soon as you contact one you will get back to them - not because you have anything to hide but because you want to protect and preserve your rights and you do have the right to have an attorney at any and all questioning.

You are under no legal obligation to participate in the answering of any questions - so if they call about more questioning that is when you should have an attorney - in the meantime, you might want to begin to call a few and consult with them. Some will do on the phone consults - you can contact the Kentucky Bar Association - contact info HERE

Best to you

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle