Lawmoe, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  More than 19 years of experience as a Criminal Defense Lawyer

My sister was on probation for seeing her husband

Customer Question

My sister was on probation for seeing her husband when her husband had a no contact order, long story short her husband then moved them from wisconsin to florida and told my sister he "took care" of everything. come to find out he didn''t and they have both been incarcerated-he received 9 month in the huber dorm, and my sister is still in jail 75 days later with her PO not filing revocation paperwork as of today-we have been told she was to have done that in 20 days, her public defender and the DA can''t seem to figure out what is going on....Why would my sister who had a misameaner charge still be in jail when her husband was a felony D bail jumper and he has been in the work release program for 70 days. Where is the justice? Can you help me understand why such a nice girl and mother of two little is still behind bars???? Look at case under wisconsin circuit court access Annette Mariani is my sister and Timmy Mariani is the husband..... HELP
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 8 years ago.

It is a child protection matter. There was a condition of no contact wit the abuser, her spouse, shich was violated. As a result, access to the children would be restricted. Why she is held in Florida is a mystery. They would normally release her and preclude further contact.

Do you have additioanl information?

Please click ACCEPT below