Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
3273316

I HAVE A WARRENT 12 YEARS OLD IF I TURN MYSELF IN WILL I ...

I HAVE A WARRENT 12 YEARS OLD IF I TURN MYSELF IN WILL I BE ARSSETED
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

Please tell me what the warrant is for and what state so that I can better assist you.

Thanks ~ Michelle

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
ITS A MISD I WAS ARRESTED FOR DRUNK DRIVING UNAUTHEIZED USE OF CAR NOT THEFT   GOT 2 YEARS PROB     I AM AN IRISHED CITZEN I WAS AN ALCOHOLIC   NO MONEY AND HOMELESS     I WENT BACK TO IRELAND TO MY FAMILY TO GET WELL   I HAVE THE 12 YEAR OLD WARRENT FOR BRAKEING PROBATION I THINK I HAVENT DRANK IN 10 YEARS THAT WAS THE ONLY TIME I HAVE BEEN IN TROUBLE I AM 41 LIVED HERE 18 YEARS   IT HAPPEND IN BRONX NY
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.

Dear PTCarroll

You will be arrested on the warrant - and no bail will be set until you can see the judge - I suggest that you contact a local attorney to help resolve this and mediate for you - for instance an attorney can call ahead and make arrangements for you to surrender and also represent you propertly at a hearing - it has been 12 years and you have rehabilitated your alcoholism in recovery. And given the fact that your probation has probably expired and the nature of the crime is not what is considered "violent" that with the help of legal counsel you can get this matter favorable resolved with a reprimand and probation closure.

You can contact the NY Bar Association to assist with a referral in this matter - consultations are very minimal - click HERE for that information.

Very best of success to you in this matter and the New Year,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle