Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
3273316

my boyfriend that lives with me got arrested for harassment ...

Customer Question

my boyfriend that lives with me got arrested for harassment against me - we have a no contact order. Is it possible to get it lifter before he goes to court? Is it possible to get the harrassment charges to be null and void?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

Dear kmiciak

Did you apply for a Restraining Order - or was it placed as an Order of the Court via a request by the DA?

Thanks ~ Michelle

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Michelle's Post: NO - THE COURT AUTOMATICALLY PLACED THE ORDER ON US.
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

Dear kmiciak

Then the DA is correct. Unfortunately, you will need to go to court on the matter for it to be resolved. You can try to talk to the DA again and see if the harassment charge can be dropped or placed on an "inactive" docket - meaning if there are no further incidents within like 18 months then the matter will be fully closed - but if something else happens in that time then they will move forward on all matters - if they agree to place it inactive then they can seek to have the PO removed.

Best to you in this matter,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Michelle's Post: Thank you for the help!
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

Dear kiciak

You are most welcome and best to you - if you have not done so already your Postive feedback in the proper venue would be greatly appreciate. Best to you and your BF.