How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask 4ren6 Your Own Question
4ren6, Forensics/Criminal Investigation
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4794
Experience:  Over 20 years of Law Enforcement. Sworn expert witness in Criminal and Civil Law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
4ren6 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i got a sophena to to testify in court in a case , by doing ...

Customer Question

i got a sophena to to testify in court in a case , by doing so my live will be in jeopardy and my family''s too. how can i legally get out of testifying. while taking
a girl home i was confronted by gang
members they wanted to fight and i
left the scene,i found out later that the
girl i drop had been stabbed. she gave
police my name and that is how now i
am in this situation. i must now go to
superior court to testify. i found out
that this is the sur 13 gang. if i go
to court i know i will be followed and
possibility killed.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.
Who was the subpoena from.........? Was it from the State Attorney or the Defense Attorney.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: county of los angeles, state of california
superior court
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.
On the subpoena there should be the requesting party..........look to see who is asking you to testify. Do you see anyone listed. Do you see State Attorney or District Attorneys office or the name of the attorney.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: district attorney
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.

Ok, then contact them and tell them your fears. They can go from there. You have a legal obligation to testify. Just because you have been requested to testify that does not mean you will. But if your concerned about this then contact the DA and discuss these concerns. They can then assist you. You can also refuse to testify but this could bring a court ruling from the Judge for being in contempt of court. Best thing here is to contact the DA direct and speak with them.

District Attorney's Office
County of Los Angeles
210 West Temple Street, Suite 18000
Los Angeles, CANNN-NN-NNNN/p>

Telephone(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />

Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.
May I be of any further assistance to you on this.