Susan Roberts
Susan Roberts, Judge. retired
Experience:  Retired state trial judge. Civil and criminal experience. 29 years legal practice.
431004

my daughter bit an officer while drunk and doesnt even ...

my daughter bit an officer while drunk and doesnt even remember . She has a felony 3 and going to court . I feel she has a serious drinking problem and would like to see her get help or at least jail time . I will pay for any rehab but she has had 3 arrests and they just keep on letting her go. The other arrests were not felonies but involved alchol and violence . She lives in the state of Utah . How much jail time might she get served or is there a chance that they could court order her to rehab. I have already let the prosecutor that I would pay if that is possible.

Hello and welcome:

There is a chance the court will order rehab or jail or both. Her record will determine the time she has to serve. Talk again with the prosecutor.

Having been in this situation with my son, I know it is difficult to remember that your best efforts will not work............she has to want to do it.

Best of luck,

XXXXX XXXXX