4ren6, Forensics/Criminal Investigation
Experience:  Over 20 years of Law Enforcement. Sworn expert witness in Criminal and Civil Law.

what are the consequences for invading a cheating mans

what are the consequences for invading a cheating mans email and forwarding on HIS incrimanting emails to a current girlfriend who didnt know? In oregon
Did he give you his password XXXXX did you guess it...........have you been contacted by the police. Were you living together when you did this. Whose computer did you access the emails on.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I got his password XXXXX MY computer in my home because I have keystroke software installed on it. And saw it there when he was using my computer. We were not living together. The police have left a message for me to call them. I have not yet. I accessed his email from my computer and forwarded the emails to his girlfriend.
If he did not know that you had the software to obtain such then you have invaded his privacy rights. He had a reasonable expectation to privacy and it was not provided to him with your software. However, on the otherhand it can be argued by you or your attorney (if needed) that he gave up any expectation of privacy by using any computer for email that was not his own computer. I would contact the police as requested and tell them that he gave up any expectation of privacy when he used your computer. Had you gone into his computer then it would be a different story. In regards XXXXX XXXXX forwarding of the messages. This should not have been done. As it can be viewed then as harrassment. Please reply if you need further assistance.