How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michelle Your Own Question
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4136
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Michelle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 1994, I plead guilty to 3rd degree criminal sexual ...

This answer was rated:

In 1994, I plead guilty to 3rd degree criminal sexual conduct w/a minor. I received 4 years probation and no jail time. Is there any way to get that expunged from my record? I''ve lived in South Carolina all my life. I have not been in any trouble since and am married w/2 daughters.


There would be only one way you would have a chance of having this expunged and that would be if you applied for and received an executive pardon from the Governor - if you get the pardon then you can file an expungement - however, the pardon does not guarantee an expungement. One is on the Executive level and the other via the judicial branch of government. You would not have a remote chance of expungement without the pardon. SC laws do not allow for an expungement unless there has been a dismissal, nol pros or a finding of not guilty or the vacating of a conviction via the pardon process -

You can contact the Governor Office of Parole and Pardons HERE

Department of Probation, Parole and Pardon Services
Attn: Legal Services, Pardon Application ProcessingXXXXX Suite 600
P.O. Box 50666 Columbia, SC 29250(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Best to you,


If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Michelle and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you