Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable in the subject matter.

If someone stole a check from me and forged it for

If someone stole a check from me and forged it for 800.00 dollars what would be the penalty for that in the state of ohio
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
There are two charges here.

1) Identity theft. Since amount was $800.00, it would be a felony in the fourth degree.

Potential maximum sentence is 6 months to 18 months and/or a fine of upto $5000.00.

2) Theft. For such an amount is Felony in the fifth degree.

Maximum time is upto 12 months and/or a fine up to $2,500.00.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.