4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/Criminal Investigation
Experience:  Over 20 years of Law Enforcement. Sworn expert witness in Criminal and Civil Law.

is getting a restraining order a civil suit

not sure what a civil suit is; had gone to court for a restraining order and also acted as a witness for the Assistant DA for domestic dispute
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  4ren6 replied 6 years ago.
Are you wanting to know what a civil suit is or a restraining order.............or the difference in the two..........?
Expert:  4ren6 replied 6 years ago.

A restraining order is a Civil Procedure. If it is then broken by the person that it was placed on a civil or criminal action could be taken. A civil suit is a suit in court for a claim against the defendant. It is more involved then a Civil Procedure. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: I was wanting to know if the restraining order and being a witness for the DA is considered being part of a civil action suit
Expert:  4ren6 replied 6 years ago.
Can you give me some further details as this could be either. What is going on. Can you tell me more on this.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: still haven't answered my question; I need to know is having the restraining order and being a witness for the DA is considered me being part of a civil action suit
Expert:  4ren6 replied 6 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: I need to know so I can answer this question on a job application
Expert:  4ren6 replied 6 years ago.
Ma'am/Sir...........what is the actual question on the application...........and can you tell me what your referring to in regards XXXXX XXXXX restraining order and the DA...........what is this about as it may play into the answer to you. I need info please.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: the question simply asks: in the last 7 years, have you been a party to any public record civil courts actions

the restraining order was for my spouse; the being a witness for the Asst DA was for the domestic dispute
Expert:  4ren6 replied 6 years ago.
Does the job your dealing with pertain to use of public records.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: I'm not sure
Expert:  4ren6 replied 6 years ago.

If you have had no courts actions taken against you then the answer is no.

The quesiton appears that they are asking about you and if you have had any court actions or civil actions regarding public records placed against you or brought against you. If you were not the party at the occused end of the restraining order or the DA's witness then your answer is no. You have not been involved in a civil suit. Again, I read the question as being only public records suits. All civil court actions are public record..............and this is why I am reading the question to pertain specific to public record civil actions brought against you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so I am not considered a party because the restraining order was not against me; I was not the defendant therefore I am not a party to any public record civil court actions? Is that correct? I don't want to be accused of not answering this answer but I don't want to disclose anything I don't have to either.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 6 years ago.
That is correct. If the actions were not against you then place no in the box.
4ren6, Forensics/Criminal Investigation
Experience: Over 20 years of Law Enforcement. Sworn expert witness in Criminal and Civil Law.