J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer
Experience:  23 years as a trial lawyer with experience in criminal law.
6118667

what does it mean, return of mittimus in the state of iowa

Customer Question

this person has been found guilty on two counts. Was in jail till court and judhe found him guilty. He is out of jail with many rules and is on probation for two years
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  J D Haas replied 8 years ago.
Mittimus is the order of committment to a prison after sentencing. The return of mittimus is the return to the court of the order of committment to prison or jail. I hope this answers your questions. If you have other questions, please let me know.

I hope that I have helped, answered all of your questions, and that I have provided you with useful information. Please contact me if I have not answered all of your questions. If my answer is satisfactory please accept it. I really appreciate positive feedback.

In the future, you can specifically request that I work with you on your legal question. If you have specifically requested that I answer this question, thank you.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You and I have not entered into an attorney/client relationship. The only way that I am legally responsible for your legal rights is if you have signed a written retainer agreement with my law firm.