Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

How is going? I just wanted some quick advice on a car I

Hi, how is going? I just wanted some quick advice on a car I sold last year. I have a pretty big tow bill on my old car and some tow company is blaming me. I don't know how they came up with the sum of $2,355.15 but they did. Now I'm getting calls from a law firm suggesting to pay the fine or be willing to go to court. I do have a bill of sale, I do have the owners Driving licence details, but that's about all I got. Am I going to have to pay this fine even though I wasn't driving the car and didn't own the vehicle at the time. Thanks
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: CA and the car was 1991
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I did change the liability of the car as soon as I got the bill in the mail maybe I did it too late but I did sell the car
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No i think that's all i got thanks
Not liable where not the owner. Law firm has to pursue that owner. Show them date sold and they should discontinue!
If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.