Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have a three year old GE refrigerator that is no longer

I have a three year old GE refrigerator that is no longer covered by warranty. The fridge cost $2k new, and I have spent $800 on parts and labor but neither GE nor their authorized appliance repair service has been able to ‘fix’ the appliance after four service calls. Do I have a small claims court case? Should I file on one or both parties? What damages can I expect to recover?
on theory of breach of contract. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.
You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do I pursue actions against both the appliance repair service and GE?
Between them you should be made whole!
Kindly rate me five stars. Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.