Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a 2013 Ford F that I purchased off a lease on 6-2015

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Ford F that I purchased off a lease on 6-2015 from a Ford dealership. When I purchased this vehicle,I also purchased,under the direction of the dealership a bumper to bumper 100,000 mile extended warranty. On December 21 of 2016 this truck was towed to the dealership and I was informed it was the timing chain and needed a new engine. The dealer contacted the warranty company who sent out an inspector and originally approved the repair. however the dealer called me to authorize more hours to further tearing down the engine of which I said sure, thinking they were trying to find and document there findings. Now they are claiming poor maintanence, which is not true. Ford has an issue with the 3.5 liter ecoboost engine, which is and has been document all over the internet, and they even issued TSB's which are tech service bulletins. they have 2 class action suits one in Ohio the other in another state and the HTSB is also awhere of this situation, What do you think I should do or how do I proceed. I have talk with the owner of the dealership who sold me this warranty, he told me he would loook into it and his response was I need to contact the warraty co. I did and they are stating poor maintanence of which I asked for a copy of the inspectors report and they told me I could not have a copy. HELP
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If the warranty is refusing to cover the work because of the alleged poor maintenance, the warranty company must provide you with the evidence that it used to arrive at the decision. Otherwise, the warranty company must pay for the work. If the warranty company still refuses to release the report to you, but still denies your claim, then you would need to file lawsuit against the warranty company for unfair and deceptive act and practice for refusing to pay for work covered by the warranty that you paid for.

You may consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to send a demand letter to the warranty company and if necessary file lawsuit against the warranty company for this unfair and deceptive act and practice. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to sue the warranty company for refusing to pay for work covered by the warranty.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

justia.com

lawyers.com

findlaw.com

You may also consider contacting Ford's headquarters and requesting that the maker cover the work. Otherwise, you can start your own lawsuit against the maker, Ford.

Goodluck with your case,