John, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney experienced in consumer protection law.
71296933

Is it possible to cancel an existing contract?

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Yes but you must have a good and legal reason to cancel - these include beach by the other party, impossibility of performance (i.e., the contract no longer is physically capable of being completed), prior agreement (you have a prior agreement that allows for cancellation of the contract in a certain event), fraud in the inducement, mistake of material contract provision, it is illegal (such as a gambling or agreement to commit a crime), mental incapacity to have made that contract in the first place, statute of frauds (i.e., the contract needed to be in writing because it covered a term longer than a year, was for debt or real estate but wasn't placed in writing). For these reasons only may you cancel.

Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. If you do not rate the answer positively, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.