Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have been dealing with a pressure time share company that

Customer Question

hello! I have been dealing with a pressure time share company that switch on us the terms of the original contract. They promised to take our time share and credit us so we can buy theirs, Well, when the person contacted us, she claimed it would take 4 months to clear it and no warranties. We strictly agreed with the terms but only if they would free us from our current time share. We risk of having two payments and indebted. We need to recuperate our deposit of 5700. Can you help us by writing a letter to refund us the money which is in a credit card from BofA. They never mentioned it would take 4 months, neither will cost us more money and NO WARRANTy!!! that made us FUME! We thought they would honor the main reason why we accepted the trade but they LIE! Please comment, thank you!
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: Last September , in Puerto Vallarta with Vidanta. We are in Rhode Island
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Filed or reported. My husband sent a dispute with Bof A.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much will it cost to write the proper letter to stop this and refund us the money and of course, what type of results after the letter or sequence and cost. Thank you
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
We cannot write any letters for anyone from this site, I do apologize. However, what does your contract with them state as to the country laws that apply to the matter, as there are some very good attorneys in Mexico we can suggest who handle these cases with no up front fees and charge you based only on results.
Generally a letter to them from an attorney in the US is pretty much thrown in the trash.