How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6386
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently have the IRS threatening me with liens and

Customer Question

Hi. I currently have the IRS threatening me with liens and levies on an inheritance that they are trying to tax me on . anyone like to help me with alawsuit againat them?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am now in Oregon. But this is California that is going after me.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not from me. but they have one or two very small 1099s that amount to only a couple thousand or so.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of .
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

We are not permitted to represent JA's customers or to refer any particular attorney to them, however, if you want we can try to help you find a list of proper lawyers in your area to choose from or to help you answer a specific legal question regarding your situation. Please let us know....

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Greetings Maverick.
Absolutely. I would be very grateful if you could recommend one or more lawyers in my area. If one happens to be in Klamath Falls, that would be best.
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you further. Here is a list that may help you find the right lawyer in your area.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.