Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney 40 plus years private practice. Real Estate, Wills, Trusts, Injury claims. Still active.
18215332

I was really just checking the website for possible contact

Customer Question

I was really just checking the website for possible contact tomorrow. However, is it unusual for a credit card company to extend credit way beyond limits. In my case $38,000.00 was extended on my card which had a limit of $13,800.00. There were repeated calls in $5000.00 increment. I thought they were repetitions of calls on the same thing from the Fraud Department. There was never a mention regarding going over my limits. This occurred in September 2016.
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in Florida. This occured with a Chase credit card.
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: I have contacted Chase on a couple of occasions.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The funds went to a broker in the UK. Funds were also tranferred via other credit cards but only to the approximate limit of the cards.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 months ago.

However, is it unusual for a credit card company to extend credit way beyond limits.

Yes it is. Charges should not exceed the limits on the card. Are you saying that there were fraudulent charges on your credit cards last Fall for amounts in excess of your limits?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I certainly didn't expect that more money could be transferred to the UK broker than my credit limit. Although some of the people at Chase were pleasant and professional the person I spoke to regarding disputed charges was antagonistic. He said that Chase simply was being flexible to the customer. That was shocking ($24,000 in flexibility?). To make matters worse I can no longer reach anybody at Omega Options but there website is still functioning. This is very complicated and I think could better be dealt with by phone.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Before I commit to a phone call can you simply direct me to an agency(ies) or attorney who could help me with this?

Here is the complaint page you can use for the Federal consumer protection agency http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/.

Here is Chase's own assistance site: https://www.chase.com/psmhelp/index.jsp?pg_name=shared/help/page/help_Disp1

If needed, I can also take your phone call.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.